Thứ Năm, 13 tháng 8, 2015

Peyton Manning on leaked Tom Brady email: ‘No harm, no foul’

Amid the ongoing case against Tom Brady, who was suspended by the league for the first four games of the season for his involvement in the Patriots’ deflated footballs in the AFC Championship game against the Colts, details have emerged about the league’s handling of the case and of Brady’s role in the investigation.
Emails have also leaked, including private ones Brady, 38, sent to a friend, that included so-called jabs at Manning, 39. In the emails, Brady wrote that “I’ve got another 7 or 8 years. He has 2. That’s the final chapter. Game on.”
“Everybody’s been speculating on that for a long time,” Manning said after practice Wednesday. “So, I guess maybe he’s joining the list of everybody trying to predict.”

The insult many perceived it to be was grossly overblown though, according to Manning. The Broncos’ quarterback said he received an apology text from Brady after the emails were published, which Manning said was “unnecessary.”
“The fact that his emails got revealed, that didn’t make a lot of sense to me,” Manning said. “No harm, no foul. I didn’t think a lot of it. Somebody said I was roasted. I’ve been roasted before. That is NOT a roast. I haven’t been on a Comedy Central roast, but there have been a couple of those private dinners and banquets where I didn’t know it would turn into a roast of me, but it did. I can promise you, that email was amateur night compared to some of the things people really said about me.”

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét